Wednesday, December 22, 2010

End of Michaelmas

Part of the reason I’ve been so MIA (my procrastination aside), is that I have been on Christmas break for the past three weeks and have been traveling the entire time! I have three more weeks to go until collections (Oxford terminology for final exams) and will continue to travel throughout France and Spain. So yes, just to rub it in, I have six weeks off between my eight week-long terms.

But here’s a funny thing about the Oxford academic year. I will not be tested on what I’ve learned the previous term until after I return from a long break, so I can’t just slack off the entire time. I’m also assigned quite a lot of “vac-work” (vacation work) to keep me busy. So contrary to what it sounds like, it’s rather a cruel system designed to induce students to work!

At the end of the day, however, I can’t really complain about having to do some homework during vacation as I travel through gorgeous Spanish and French cities—please look forward to some my travel stories that will be posted soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment